By Default Pages don’t Have Categories
However, this functionality is lacking from WordPress pages. I wanted to install this for pages too so I installed the http://dineshkarki.com.np/add-tags-and-category-to-page plugin.
Install it like any other plugin
- Download the plugin
- unzip the file
- copy the subdirectory to your wp-content/plugins/ directry
- Open your WordPress Admin site
- go to plugins and enable the plugin
- Although the plugin is installed and enabled it doesn’t automatically give you the categories and tags options on your pages.
- No you need to select which kinds of content should have this option under settings –> Add Tags and Category to Page
For this article I am Using WordPress 7.01