The job of Devops and The Devops philosophy mean 2 different things. I come from a system admin background and love to automate stuff. I still find myself spending most time figuring out how to configure things like firewall and security groups web servers. After I figure it out, I automate it with bash scripts and recently with basic python scripts. I assist the developers in speeding up deployment by doing things they don’t do.
The Devops philosophy, on the other hand, empowers programmers to easily deploy. This really requires programmers to understand infrastructure and networking more than most feel comfortable with.
Here are questions that I cannot answer:
- Write a program that simulates an elevator
- Write a program that indexes a million word book and tells what the most common word is. I was asked this twice
- Write a program that calculates the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
- Create an API from scratch
- find the missing number in a given integer array of 1 to 100?
- find the middle element of a singly linked list in one pass?
- How can a given string be reversed using recursion?
- How is a bubble sort algorithm implemented?
- write an algorithm that does ….
- I do know how to write automation bash scripts, like unassisted installations of everything required by docker
- I should have known how to give the lowest number in a list of numbers ….